Position purpose – Responsibilities/Duties/Functions/Tasks
The purpose of this position is to work with clients to collect and verify employment and financial data to complete mortgage loan applications.
- Contacts applicants by telephone e-mail or in-person meetings to gather financial information, including employment situation, salary, assets, financial status, current debts, and current expenses
- Orders appraisal and title and assists in loan application completion
- Receives data needed to verify employment length, financial statement accuracy, and collateral asset values
- Clears underwriting conditions and reviews closing conditions
- Submits application and conditions to the underwriter
- Contacts and communicates with loan officers, closers, and underwriters to complete mortgage transaction
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to effectively and professionally handle difficult situations that may arise when working with branches/divisions
- Ability to multi-task and manage time efficiently
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and telephone protocol
- Familiarity with Accounting terms and procedures (e.g. debits, credits, General Ledgers, etc.)
- Ability to type 50 wpm
- Reporting Skills, Administrative Writing Skills, Process Management, Organization, Analysis, Professionalism, Problem Solving, Supply Management, Inventory Control
Company Conformance Statement
In the performance of assigned tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Review and adhere to policies and guidelines contained within the Employee Handbook, including privacy and information security guidelines.
- Act within delegated authorities and adheres to applicable policy and procedures associated with such authorities.
- Contribute to establishing a respectful workplace where diversity is critical to innovation and growth.
- Ensure every action and decision is aligned with PRMI values.
- Partner with your management team to understand performance expectations and measurements. Effectively utilize feedback and coaching opportunities while seeking to learn and develop within your role at PRMI.
- Realize team synergies through networking and partnerships across PRMI.
- Embrace change; act as advocate and role model, promoting an approach of continuous improvement.
- Maintain a high standard of customer care while actively listening to customers in an effort to understand their views and needs. Take ownership of problems and issues, taking into consideration the breadth of PRMI competencies in providing solutions.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Perform quality work within deadlines.
- Respect client and employee privacy.
Each employee must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, utilize a computer, maintain a work schedule, and effectively perform in an office setting. Employment with PRMI requires compliance with and adherence to all applicable mortgage and fair lending laws and regulations as well as PRMI policies. The ability to work extended hours may be required.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
I acknowledge that I have read the Job Description and I understand what is expected of me for this position. PRMI reserves the right to change/reassign job duties or combine positions at any time. I also understand that I am at-will employee and that this job description does not constitute a contract of employment.